water 1.5 L
white vinegar 6 tbsps
fresh duck egg 8
tea leaf 2 tbsps
slab sugar 1 pc
cooked rice 1 bowl
1. Add white vinegar into water. Soak the duck eggs in it for 4 hours.
2. Heat a large amount of water in a pot. Add duck eggs gently and cook the duck eggs for 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Remove the eggs and soak them in cold water for a few minutes. Then shell the eggs.
4. Line the wok with a piece of tinfoil and arrange tea leaves, cooked rice and chopped slab sugar on it. Then, cover and cook over low heat until smoking. Wait for 5 minutes.
5. Put a rack on the tea leaves and arrange the eggs on it. Cover and smoke for 3 to 5 minutes until the eggs become yellowish.
6. Remove the duck eggs. Cut them into halves. Serve with the spicy salt.
糖心燻蛋 Shanghai Smoked Duck's Egg